Real estate agents do a whole lot of marketing, but there is no better use of their time and resources than producing short and simple videos. We’ve covered the research behind this before, but here’s a compelling summary:
85% of home buyers and sellers admit that they want to work with a real estate agent who uses video.
Homes for sale that have video marketing have 400% more views and inquiries than homes without any video.
86% of potential home buyers are using video to research communities, and 70% use it to view inside of a home.
But, here’s the rub: we’ve known (for years!) that video is THE next big thing. However, Realtors still are using it reluctantly – or not at all.
And I totally understand that because it’s intimidating to get in front of the camera and “act natural.”
I’ve found that if you have a carefully planned, focused and specific topic that’s offering a lot of value to your audience, it’s much easier to turn on the camera and just let your passion and expertise take over.
So, here are 100 video topics for Realtors to shoot:
1. Community videos (Introducing and covering general information about different neighborhoods and communities).
2. Listing house tours (of course!).
3. Architectural tours (talking briefly/showing one kind of architecture with a few local examples).
4. Listing presentation – have a short video to send to your potential clients ahead of the listing presentation.
5. FAQs for listing your home – convenient to send to new clients and have on your website/social media.
6. FAQs for buyers – same thing.
7. Special FAQs for first-time buyers (first-time buyers needs extra education and TLC!).
8. Monthly market updates.
9. What IS included with a typical home sale?
10. What ISN’T included with a typical home sale (but maybe negotiable).
11. About the loan/mortgage process (bring your lender into this one!).
12. About title and escrow and the process (same as above but with title and escrow staff).
13. Breaking down property taxes.
14. About your home inspection (including bringing in your favorite inspector for a cameo).
15. About pest inspections (same).
16. Answer a single question from your clients or audience – maybe even live!
17. Preparing first-time buyers for the stress, uncertainty, and fear they might experience.
18. Getting ready to buy with a mortgage lender (preapproval, etc.).
19. The benefits (and high Return on Investment) of home staging.
20. Fixing up a home to sell (including your contractor).
21. Fixing up a home once you buy it with tile, paint carpet, fixtures, and other cosmetic fixes.
22. About roofs, repairing or replacing roofs, roof certifications, etc.
23. Talking about the appraisal process with your favorite appraiser.
24. Revealing real estate agent secrets.
25. How to choose a good lender (what to look for, questions to ask, avoiding big internet companies, etc.)
26. How to choose a good listing agent (you!).
27. What to look for in a buyer’s agent (you again!).
28. What to do in a bidding war (for buyers).
29. How to create buzz that might result in a bidding war (for sellers).
30. How to get more for the sale of your home.
31. Negotiation tips, strategies, and tactics.
32. What goes into a purchase offer other than just price.
33. Breaking down and explaining a purchase agreement.
35. Cover community events, local fairs, festivals, fun runs, etc.
36. Profile local businesses.
37. Interview local politicians.
38. Interview local school principals (although you can’t give school system ratings or rankings as a Realtor, so be careful with this one!).
39. Cover new restaurant openings or just give a shout-out to your favorite neighborhood restaurants/bars, etc.
40. If you lived in this neighborhood, THESE would be your local amenities…series.
41. Summarize all of your written blog posts.
42. Funniest things you’ve seen as an agent.
43. Home security does and don'ts (with an alarm company).
44. Why you DON’T want a discounted agent or a low-cost real estate brokerage.
45. Don’t be ZILLOW’D!
46. Covering the details of a Comparative Market Analysis, and how it helps determine a fair and accurate home price.
47. Youth sports and athletics in your neighborhood/community/city.
48. Yoga in your neighborhood/community/city.
49. The best gyms in your neighborhood/community/city.
50. Best coffee shops in your neighborhood/community/city (very important!)
51. Best ice cream shops in your neighborhood/community/city.
52. Parks and recreation areas in your neighborhood/community/city.
53. Common buyer mistakes to avoid.
54. Common seller mistakes to avoid.
55. Local holiday themes (Christmas, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, etc.).
56. Awesome house amenities, appliances, new tech innovations, etc.
57. Covering one specific amenity like floor tile, countertop surfaces, fixture metals, etc.
58. All about swimming pools and real estate (prices, liability, renting with a pool, impact on sales price, etc.).
59. Homeowner liability.
60. Homeowner insurance (you can do several videos with your insurance agent!).
61. Interview a policeman about crime and safety in a specific community (but Realtors CAN'T give their own information about crime statistics and levels, just refer to a third-party source).
62. Common neighbor nuisances, disturbances, and issues (and who’s right?).
63. A day in the life of a Realtor (you!).
64. All about HOAs.
65. Are condominiums really a good deal?
66. What to look for – and what to avoid – when buying a condo.
67. Rent versus buy broken down.
68. Radon safety.
69. CO2 detectors and safety.
70. Fire safety in the home, including the cause of most home fires and how to prevent them.
71. What buyers or sellers need to know about unpermitted upgrades, rooms, or structures.
72. Inside a real estate closing/document signing.
73. When is the best time to sell your home?
74. When is the best time to buy a home?
75. Septic tanks, sewers, and common plumbing problems.
76. All about closing costs – and who pays them?
77. About your company.
78. Why you love selling real estate.
79. About you, both personally as an agent.
80. Design trends, paint colors that are “in,” etc.
81. How to spruce up your curb appeal.
82. Landscaping tips.
83. Painting tips.
84. Energy saving/going green tips.
85. Money saving tips.
86. Cool and fun around the house hacks.
87. Is it a buyer’s or seller’s market?
88. Special offer, raffle, giveaway, etc.
89. New home buyers jumping for joy!
90. History of your community/neighborhood/city.
91. Great things to do in the summer in your area.
92. Or, great things to do in each season.
93. Or, even a weekly “What to Do in _______ (city name) This Week” series.
94. Video scavenger hunt/neighborhood/city trivia contest.
95. Profile of the area’s pro sports teams.
96. Buyer/seller regrets (and how to avoid them).
97. Investing in rental units.
98. Buying multi-family or multi-unit real estate.
99. Whiteboard instructional videos (there are some great services that can make these for you if you send them the written bullet points).
100. A breakdown of why home ownership is still the best way to build wealth – and the American Dream!
Can you commit to doing all of these this year? (That's about one every three+ days). Or, maybe highlight the ten you like most and schedule them for next month to get started. Either way, you'll see the results with your marketing and client engagement almost immediately!