The name “Ferry” is synonymous with real estate coaching mastery, and today we’re going to illuminate 20 facts about Tom Ferry.
1. Tom Ferry is highly influential in the real estate industry, creating a ripple effect of success through his coaching, training, and speaking. In fact, Swanepoel Power 200 just ranked him as the #1 Real Estate Educator in the world!
2. Born “Thomas Andrew Ferry” to real estate training and marketing giant, Mike Ferry of the Mike Ferry Organization, Tom is now the CEO of his own successful operation, Tom Ferry International.
3. The mission statement of Tom Ferry International is “Holding Professionals Accountable to Fulfill Their Greatness.” Indeed, accountability is at the core of their teaching, as Ferry stresses personal responsibility, perseverance, and “disciplined action” to stand out among the heavy competition in the real estate ranks.
4. If you’ve been in the business for a while and the “Ferry” name sounds familiar, that’s because Mike Ferry, the elder, has been a longtime real estate coach and speaker. His son, Tom, got in the business under his mentorship, eventually taking the reins.
5. In 2005, Tom decided to go out on his own, establishing his own real estate coaching and speaking company, Tom Ferry International, which still operates out of Irvine, Ca.
6. Tom Ferry is actually a best-selling author. In 2010, he released his first book, “Life! By Design,” which hit the New York Times bestseller list in March of that year
7. He followed that up with "Mindset, Model and Marketing!" in 2017, which quickly became an Amazon bestseller.
8. The book complied information from Tom Ferry's popular YouTube series, the #TomFerryShow, into a definitive guidebook for real estate professionals.
9. With experience as a real estate training spanning three decades, Tom Ferry has amassed an incredible 30,000 hours of coaching!
10. Ferry is also an accomplished speaker, highly sought-after for his lifetime of sales insights and no-nonsense motivational style.
11. Part of Tom’s huge success has been the popularity of his YouTube caching series, #TomFerryShow, with its weekly video episodes with tips and other valuable content for Realtors.
12. Ferry is also an avid investor, with capital or involvement in dozens of ventures, including Acorn, Arx Pax, BoomtownROI, Contactually, geographicfarm, HomDna, Local.id, MILLIE, Porch, rentLEVER, ridscout, Aimtell and YouMail.
13. If you want evidence of The Ferry family’s coaching success, check this out: according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median income in 2017 for the top ten percent of residential real estate agents was $151,000. However, for agents who were coached by Mike Ferry (or his organization), the median income that year was $1.1 million!
Of course, that speaks to Mike Ferry’s success, but with that pedigree and a system built on the same foundation, it’s not hard to see why Tom Ferry is now the #1 real estate coach in the world.
14. Tom Ferry is happily married to Kathy Ferry and they have two sons, Steven and Michael.
15. You can learn more about Tom Ferry and the Tom Ferry Organization at TomFerry.com or on his personal Twitter account, @tomferry.
P.S. I have no affiliation at all with Tom Ferry or his organization; just respect for someone on top of their game who can really help Realtors!