Shoot these 50 videos and I’ll make you a real estate or mortgage celebrity!
Those are the words I wrote to a mortgage broker who recently hired me to work on his marketing (and I'm working overtime!).
I say that tongue-in-cheek, but shooting videos is the single best way to make yourself a marketing force to be reckoned with.
(If you wanted to know why or read some statistics on video marketing, check this out: Why I recommend video, video, & more video for your real estate and mortgage marketing.)
So, I've included list of some of the videos you can make. By no means does this list cover everything you can shoot a video about, and you’ll naturally start adding a whole lot of topics to this list.
You can shoot them in any order you want, but good to cover the basics about you and what you do, first.
Of course, distribution is just as important as content, so sharing these videos according to best practices on Instagram, Instagram TV, YouTube, and Facebook is pivotal.
You'll also notice that they were written for a mortgage lender, so Realtors can easily adapt these suggestions to their own field. (For instance, home inspector instead of appraiser; home buying tips instead of home loan tips, etc.)
Good luck and press RECORD!
Shoot these 50 videos and you'll be a real estate or mortgage celebrity:
1. Introduce yourself (Quick hello, how you are, what company you work for, what you do – provide home loans, where you operate, etc.).
2. Video of you driving up to the office, the outside, and walking inside.
3. Introduce your staff.
4. (Processors, underwriters, etc.)
5. Any video testimonials you can get from past clients or Realtors you’ve worked with is gold!
6. Quick intro of your favorite appraiser.
7. Title company/rep intro.
8. Any videos breaking down the basics of a mortgage:
9. Why rising rates are not a big deal (houses still affordable in your area, can lower the total cost by paying off interest faster, can refinance, still historically great rates, etc.)
10. Why it’s so important to get prequalified before you go looking for homes (and how easy that process is with you).
11. The documents a borrower needs to organize before they apply for a loan.
12. The benefits a borrower will get from working with you.
13. The benefits to Realtors when they send their home buyers to you.
14. Explaining the loan process.
15. Explaining the title and escrow process (or do a quick interview with a rep).
16. First time homebuyer loans and tips.
17. Getting a loan with a low credit score (FHA, etc.).
18. Will interest rates go up or down?
19. Credit score tips.
20. Why to stay away from big internet lending companies (delays, not delivering, appraisal issues, last minute rate hikes, etc.)
21. Why you should be careful rate shopping (bait and switch)
22. Common mistakes homebuyers/borrowers make (this is a very popular one).
23. Charities or causes you’re involved with.
24. WHY you love doing what you do.
25. Tour your old neighborhood, house you grew up in, introduce your parents, tell your STORY etc.
26. Introduce your family – why you work so hard.
27. Give info on school systems and rankings in your area (Note: lenders can do that but real estate agents can’t.)
28. Explain Good Faith Estimate, loan disclosure forms and timelines, etc.
29. Break down a closing statement/settlement sheet.
30. Why a 15-year loan saves you so much money (great to get a few refinance conversations going).
31. Explain amortization and total interest.
32. Attend a Realtor meeting and say hi.
33. Attend an open house and say hi and film.
34. Talk about pest inspection from a loan standpoint/interview an inspector.
35. VA loans.
36. Investment loans.
37. Loans for second homes or vacation homes.
38. Why parents should buy a house or condo in the area where their kid is going to college (rent out rooms, possibly make money on appreciation to defer cost of college, have a place the kid can live after graduation, teach responsibility). (Possibly several videos.)
39. A quick profile on your favorite sports teams in Sac.
40. A walk through downtown.
41. Go out on the street (downtown or a good area) at lunch hour and ask people some questions!
42. Highlight communities, happenings, openings, etc.
43. Any mortgage facts or basics that come to mind that you always find yourself explaining often.
44. Reservations and the emotions of first-time buyers.
45. FHA loans or financing options for investors who want to flip.
46. Buying a lot and building with construction financing.
47. How and where the mortgage “bad guys” rip off or deceive borrowers (protect them).
48. Tips for getting the best mortgage loan possible.
49. When you know it’s the right time to refinance (equity, rates rising, etc.)
50. The day in the life of a SUPERHERO mortgage broker.
Contact me if you'd like more info about video or marketing help!